It's been a busy term. Over the holidays, take a few minutes one day and think about:
- Review your writing homework from Term 1- make a list of your biggest successes.
- Write a list of reminders: "I need to check...", "I need to include..."
Use of English
- Review your Use of English. Which part of the exam is your best one?
- Which do you need to do more work on?
- Take some time to read, watch and listen to any English you can during the holidays. Every little helps. Start with a song at the bottom of this post!
Reading & Listening
- As above, take a look at the question types you've tried - work out your weaker ones.
- Take a look at workbook exercises. You should find examples online too. We probably have some links if you look through our A-Z.
- Youtube has lots of Speaking tests to take a look at to remind yourself what to do (and not do!) in the tests. Review a couple!
- Compare your marks from the start of term to the end, especially for the end of term exams. Would you imagine your scores would have been the same if you'd done that test in September?
- If the answer's NO, congratulations, you're making progress.
- If the answer's YES, talk to your teacher at the start of next term - you might need some extra help, which we can give you.
The next 3 months
- Set some priorities:
- Keep your list of Writing Reminders handy
- Try to do some extra practice on your weaker Use of English areas
- Read and Listen to something a couple of times a week (at least!)
Have a Wonderful Christmas Time!
Tweet Follow @bclasrozas