Some points from B2 regarding formal letter and emails
- Do not use abbreviations.
- Use some passive for variety. (Check plural and singular of to be and be careful with the participles.)
- Do not use exclamation marks and question marks.
- Be careful with phrasal verbs.
- Do not use colloquials.
- If you know the person use "sincerely". If you do not know the person use "yours faithfully".
- Use connectings words. (however, otherwise).
- Do not use contractions.
- Make your pharagraphs clear.
- Avoid repetitions.
- Avoid Repititions.
Written by Alvaro, Senior 6.